.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 19, 2004

We are Siamese.

Last night, Alice and I went to the Exit/In and saw John Davis (formerly of Superdrag). I was too tired to fully enjoy the show, but it was still good. He became a Christian fairly recently, so it's interesting to hear lyrics penned by a seasoned songwriter who has had a radical life-change. Lyrical comparisons to Slow Train Coming-era Dylan are apt. If he comes to your town this fall (opening for Ginny Owens), be sure to go see the show.

Alice made us some fresh banana bread this morning to get us started out right. We began anew on "All I Owe" and it's turning out well. "Be Thou My Vision" was the afternoon's work, and it is everything I hoped it would be-- slow, atmospheric, restful. Andrew's cousin Dean stopped by for a few hours and hung out. He looks eerily similar to Todd Bragg.

Andrew left around 4:30, so Cason and I began the (often dreaded) task of recording vocals on "Be Thou My Vision." My breathing was better than it has been all week (my allergies are unpredictable), so I sang five passes before we sat down to comp it. Everything went smoothly and I am so thankful.

We're taking a break for several days while Cason's out of town, and resuming work on Wednesday. Please keep us in your prayers.

Oh, and by the way, we are siamese.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew, definitely excited about the album. Do you have a list of the songs you're tracking? I was glad to hear that "Be Thou My Vision" is on your list, in addition to some other golden oldie melodies; we need updated, non-Passion/One Day versions of them. And I'm looking forward to the rest of the songs!
Luke B.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home