.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 17, 2005

On The Road Again: Matthews, NC or

Tennessee's A Brother To My Sister Carolina

Tonight I played a house concert at the Tabors' home in Matthews, NC. I stood near a corner and let the hardwood floors do the amplification, and people huddled together on couches and chairs to form a very attentive audience. The Tabors (and their five sweet little girls) invited their friends and neighbors, from different backgrounds and beliefs, and spent an evening listening, interacting, and singing. It was a great conclusion to this short solo run. I've enjoyed the immediacy and simplicity these small solo concerts have afforded me, and look forward to doing more in the future (next month I'll be in the DC/Baltimore area). Tomorrow is the long drive back to Nashville. Thanks to all who came out and joined me in celebrating God's goodness through these hymns.

Setlist:
Come Ye Sinners
Jesus Everlasting King
His Love Can Never Fail
O Come And Mourn With Me Awhile
Thou Lovely Source Of True Delight
All I Owe
Let Us Love And Sing And Wonder
Jesus I Come
What Wondrous Love Is This
My Lord I Did Not Choose You
Free Grace
--Q&A--
And Can It Be
I Need Thee Every Hour
'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
Be Thou My Vision

On the iPod:
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cold Roses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Martin Todd said...

This is grreat

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home