.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 13, 2006

Safe in Phuket.

Sorry for not posting earlier. We had a lot of fun the first day, and then I got a little virus that took me out for a while. I'm feeling a bit better, but am not out of the woods yet, so please do pray.

It has been great to get to know the missionaries and learn of what God is doing all over the world. There are some truly amazing stories, and it's a strange and wonderful experience to lead these folks in worship. Many of the lyrics have new meanings in this context. Last night, as I croaked through "His Love Can Never Fail" with a very sore throat, I was taken aback by what we were singing. It is one thing to sing these in "normal" circumstances, but when you know that there are people in the room who are venturing into parts of the world where Christians have never been before, where there is a real, physicial threat, it is quite different.

I do not ask to see the way my feet will have to tread
but only that my soul may feed upon the Living Bread.
Tis better far that I should walk by faith close to His side.
I may not know the way I go but, oh, I know my guide.

His love can never fail. His love can never fail.
My soul is satisfied to know His love can never fail.

And if my feet would go astray they cannot for I know
that Jesus guides my falt’ring steps as joyfully I go.
And though I might not see his face, my faith is strong and clear
that in each hour of sore distress my Savior will be near.

I will not fear, tho’ darkness come abroad o’er all the land,
If I may only feel the touch of His own loving hand.
And tho’ I tremble when I think how weak I am and frail,
my soul is satisfied to know His love can never fail.

Pictures and more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home