.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 03, 2006

Winter mix

I made a winter mix CD for my wife this week, mostly of songs I've bought through iTunes. Here they are, in case you are interested in what's been going through my ears.

1. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc (Single Edit)"
2. The Rolling Stones - "Let Me Down Slow"
3. The Arcade Fire - "Wake Up"
4. Sufjan Stevens - "What Goes On" (Beatles cover)
5. Mary J. Blige + U2 - "One"
6. Rosanne and Johnny Cash - "September When It Comes"
7. Alicia Keys + Bono - "Don't Give Up (Africa)" (Peter Gabriel cover)
8. Josh Ritter - "Blame It On The Tetons" (Modest Mouse cover)
9. The Arcade Fire - "Cold Wind"
10. Gillian Welch - "Black Star" (Radiohead cover)
11. Melissa Etheridge - "Refugee" (Tom Petty cover)
12. Paul McCartney + U2 - "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
13. Damien Rice + Lisa Hannigan - "Unplayed Piano (Chris Lord-Alge Mix)"
14. The Rolling Stones - "Streets Of Love"

Wow, it's half covers (if you count "One" and "Sgt. Pepper's"). With all the new songs that are being written everyday, it's interesting that new takes on familiar songs are still so gripping.

What have you been listening to?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

while reading your post i'm listening to 'robot dentist' by a soup named stew'!

myspace.com/asoupnamedstew

6:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying Denison Witmer's "Are You a Dreamer" album a whole lot these days.

Sufjan plays the banjo on it.

It's swell.

8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that was me. matt grace.

8:13 AM

 
Blogger Bobby said...

I've been enjoying these great music DVD's:

Bob Dylan: No Direction Home
Derek Webb: How To Kill And Be Killed

I've also just joined the satellite radio revolution, and have been LOVING my XM.

Oh, I got your "Even When My Heart Is Breaking" CD in the mail yesterday, and have listened to it several times. Great stuff!

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home