.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 16, 2006

March tour pics

A couple of shots from our concert in Cincinnati last week:


Setlist from the last two runs:

Come Ye Sinners
And Can It Be
O Come And Mourn
His Love Can Never Fail
Approach My Soul
Thou Lovely Source Of True Delight
All I Owe
Jesus I Come
I Asked The Lord
Free Grace
Arise My Soul Arise
On Jordan's Stormy Banks
Nothing But The Blood

I had so much fun on both of these runs. I'm pretty bummed that I didn't book any more band concerts for the next few months; while I enjoy playing solo, the van is always filled with laughter, music, and discussion, and I count my time with these guys as some of the best moments of my life.

Indelible Grace founder Kevin Twit joined us at the Southern Seminary concert, sitting in on guitar on His Love Can Never Fail, Approach, Arise, On Jordan's, and Nothing But The Blood. He was at the seminary to give lectures on hymns for some of Chip Stam's classes. I love watching him in his element, whether with music or speaking. He gets so much joy out of using his gifts. You can hear for yourself using these links:

Exploring the 'Why' behind the Modern Hymn Movement Part 1 (MP3) -- Lecture Notes (pdf)
Exploring the 'Why' behind the Modern Hymn Movement Part 2 (MP3)
Engaging the Emerging Church with Hymns (MP3) -- Lecture Notes (pdf)

For more lectures, visit Southern's Institute Of Christian Worship lecture page.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a minute.. did you get a myspace bulletin from josh byrd? so tripp is in a band called "the ramblers?"
omg.
this is too much.

irwin

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home