.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Body piercing.

I've been recording vocals for my album with Cason this week, which, as always, is both difficult and satisfying. In between vocal takes I've been reading a book called Body Piercing Saved My Life: Inside The Phenomenon Of Christian Rock, which I found out about through Shaun Groves. It's by Spin writer Andrew Beaujon, and he writes about his experiences at places like Cornerstone Festival, Tooth & Nail Records' offices, and even the home of David Bazan (Pedro The Lion, Headphones) as he tries to understand the history and current appeal of Christian music. It's fascinating to read someone's thoughts about Christian music who is neither a Christian nor hostile/cynical. I'll try to write more thoughts about it after I'm done. In the meantime, here's a great interview with the author, and here's another interview that's not quite as good, but worth reading if you need to learn more. The book is available here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clint Wells said...

its interesting to me that the cover has a hot teenage christian chick wearing the shirt.

but you'll probably delete this comment.

streaking in the quad rules!!!!!!!

5:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home