.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"How Helpless" and "My Lord I Did Not Choose You" on MySpace.

I've posted two songs from my new record, "How Helpless" and "My Lord I Did Not Choose You," over on my MySpace page. Feel free to leave me a comment here or on MySpace and let me know what you think. Be kind. I am ever-so-fragile.

You can now pre-order All I Owe on the right column of this blog as well. All pre-orders will come autographed, and the first 500 will be individually numbered.

Thanks for all your support as I've recorded, toured, blogged, and stumbled towards some kind of connection-- with you, these hymns, God, and reality. Here's one more step in that process.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

"All pre-orders will come autographed, and the first 500 will be individually numbered."

why?

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Smith said...

People seem to like it. A little personal touch.

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Benj said...

Do you have a track list/lyrics posted for your album yet? I assume it will have the title track (which I really dig, by the way), but I'd love to see some of the other texts you've been working on.

2:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it man. sounds fantastic. i want to buy you a beer(s) to celebrate.

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Smith said...

Benj...the tracklisting is on the right column of this page.

6:45 AM

 
Blogger Benj said...

Thanks.

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone asked why, it is because people like to collect things. Some artists still release vinyl versions of their records and will only press 1000 with 100 on clear viny for pre-orders. It is something special.

I pre-ordered the CD and am anxiously awaiting the release date :)

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Tim Etherington said...

I blogged on "I did not choose you". I love it. A friend who I haven't seen since high school (many years ago) read the bit I cited and he was moved as well. I'm going to post my link to my blog entry if you want to read it.

Awesome Matthew, I really love it.

7:36 PM

 
Blogger jeremy said...

Echoing the comment on "I did not choose you"...which I mercifully read (rather than tried singing) to my Bible study group last week during our discussion on Ephesians Ch. 1. Blew 'em all away.

Oh, and "The Lord Will Provide"...definitely having my buddy Ben play it my wedding. very well done.

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home