.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jubilee 2007 photos.

Andrew Rush posted his pictures from Jubilee 2007. It was a blast to play to so many people, even though we got kicked off stage before our set ended due to a miscommunication about time.

Not pictured here: the panicked look on our faces when we started the first song in 4/4 instead of 6/8. We are professionals.

This jacket cost me five bucks.

"'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus"

Yeah, there were a lot of people there.

Taylor Sorensen fills in on lead guitar. I think having him and John Davis in the band technically made us a supergroup.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noticed from the pics that you are a lefty.
But couldn't tell if you flip a righty (ala Hendrix), play upside down (ala Michael Card- which is kinda freaky), or own a lefty.

Yes, I'm a left. Bought lefty, though while on vacation at the in-laws I play a restrung righty left behind by her brother.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Smith said...

I play a real lefty guitar. My first guitar was a restrung righty. I can never understand how people play the Michael Card way.

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I play left with a lefty so that my righty is right when I'm playing lefty. Right? Yeah, righty. I play soccer with both.
nice pics.

12:57 PM

 
Blogger D.J. Cimino said...

I am really curious about 2 things.

1. Is John Davis going to be doing more work with you?

2. Do you know if John Davis has a Reformed persuasion? I hear about him doing some new stuff with Matt Mortinsky (sp?), the Calvinist singer of the supertones (rip), and now I find out he is playing with you some. Very interesting!

btw, I enjoyed the concert in Knoxville this past fall!

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Smith said...

d.j.:

1) John is definitely on the list of revolving IG touring band members.

2) I'm not sure if John takes on any theological labels, but I do know he knows God has saved him on the basis of grace, and he is eternally grateful and quick to give him praise.

Thanks!

1:11 PM

 
Blogger D.J. Cimino said...

Thanks for the info on John Davis! I'm glad he is playing with IG some :)

6:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home